Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
Whilst children and young people are participating in golf activities in our care, Highgate Golf Club has a responsibility to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
Highgate Golf Club recognises the policies of the National Governing bodies, as set in out in the “Guidelines for Safeguarding Children in Golf”. The policy and supporting procedures set out a framework to fulfil our commitment to good practice and the protection of children in our care.
- A child is defined by law as a person under the age of 18 years
- The welfare of children is paramount
- All children, regardless of their Age, Race, Religion or Belief, Disability, Sex or Sexual Orientation, have the right to protection from abuse
- All concerns and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- All children have the right to be safe
- All children have the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- Highgate Golf Club will work with children, their parents and external organisations to safeguard the welfare of children participating in golf
- We recognise the authority of the statutory agencies and are committed to complying with Local Safeguarding Children Board Guidelines (LSCB) and any documentation which supersedes these.
Highgate Golf Club aim to:
- Provide a safe environment for children participating in golfing activities within the club and try to ensure that they enjoy the experience.
- Reassure parents (and carers) that their children will receive the best care possible whilst participating in club activities & communicate policy & procedure to them through website/letter/consents.
- Support adults (staff, volunteers, PGA Professionals, coaches, members and visitors to the club) to understand their roles and responsibilities with regard to the Duty of Care and protection of children.
- Provide appropriate level training and support to staff, volunteers & coaches to make informed and confident responses to specific child protection issues and to fulfill their role effectively
- Adopt the Children in Golf Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures and any related policies where appropriate.
For a full copy of the safeguarding policies click the link below:
Contact details for Club Welfare Officers:
Stephanie Beer: 07899 922226, email@example.com
Ford Keeble: 07958 505644, firstname.lastname@example.org