Women in Golf Charter.
A commitment to a more inclusive culture within golf.
Highgate Golf Club supports England Golf’s initiative to call on everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career.
England Golf’s aim is to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
To achieve this goal and to enable women to flourish throughout golf, England Golf recognise the need for a fundamental shift in culture. There is a clear ethical need for change and the potential economic benefits of growing the sport through more women and girls playing are substantial.
The R&A commits to playing a leading role in this process and to working with affiliates, partners and the wider golf industry towards achieving this goal.
In signing this Charter, Highgate Golf Club is demonstrating that it wants to continue its effort to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women. We will do more to attract women into golf, to remain, and to have rewarding careers.
Is a statement of intent from the golf industry to unite and to focus on gender balance.
Commits us all to supporting measures to increase the number of women, girls and families playing golf.
Calls for positive action to encourage women to pursue careers in all areas of the sport.
Recognises the need for change that creates an inclusive environment within golf.
Signatories commit to activate this Charter by:
- Achieving 25% female representation on our main committee.
- Developing and implementing an internal strategy for enhancing gender balance at every level.
- Implementing recruitment initiatives targeting women.
- Providing on course toilet facilities for females
- Adopting an inclusive approach with female and family imagery displayed throughout the club website.
- Promoting the Charter and our goal of encouraging more women and girls to play golf and work in golf.